Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Valentine from President Monson!

My call arrived on February 14th, which resulted in pretty much the only eventful Valentine's Day of my life. My friends and family with equally pathetic fantastic love lives were sweet enough to come watch me open it. I'm being cynical right now, but in actuality I was so flippin' excited to find out where I would be serving!

Before I opened that blessed envelope, I read D&C 15:4&6 to everyone, which pretty much describes why I decided to go on a mission.

"For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you
And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father."  
I know that nothing will bring me greater happiness than to serve a mission for the next year and a half and that Heavenly Father has a special work for me to do in Boston. I cannot wait to get out there and serve in any way I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment