Sunday, November 24, 2013

Laying the Ground

Hello my dear ones!
This week was fantastic for many reasons, first and foremost because SISTER BAILEY AND I ARE BOTH STAYING!!! I am slightly thrilled. We are losing one of the Elders in my ward, which is a bummer because we work a TON together and I adore them both, but I guess I'll survive. He just had to go and get himself called as the next AP. Pff. Laaaaaaaaame.
In other news, we had Zone Conference last Friday and it was suuuuuper good. There was much talk about not wasting a minute of our missions because they are just too precious, which is always a good reminder. One thing that really stood out to me was when a Senior Elder who is called to write a history of the building of the Hartford, CT Temple talked to us for a minute. The temple is in the very beginning stages and they are just doing general landscape and foundational stuff, so he frequently walks around and shows the construction workers a picture of what the temple will look like when it is finished. He just feels like it's so sad that to these workers, this is just another job. Just some more dirt. Just some more concrete. But they have no idea what they are really laying the foundation for!
While he was talking, I realized that is so much like us! As missionaries and in everyday life we so often think, "Just another day." But we can't see what we are laying the foundation for! One thing I've gained a ginormous testimony of on my mission is that the small and simple things are the MOST important. So when we find ourselves thinking, "Just another prayer." or "Just another family night." remember that we cannot see what we are working on! "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." (D&C 64:33)
So ... anyways. Sorry. Kind of got on a roll there. The preacher in me in coming out. So before I testify you to tears, I will sign off. I love you all and am so grateful for each one of you!
Love,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment