Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Squirrel Killer‏

So in order to fully understand the tragedy of a rather unfortunate event that took place this week, I need to fill you in on little quirk that has been developing for a few months. I think it started Spring Semester up at USU when I realized I really love things to be alive. In fact, I love things to be alive so much, that I would really prefer that nothing dies because of me. This feeling has for some reason escalated on my mission to the point that the majority of the missionaries out here know me as "the sister who saves bugs". After arriving in Rhode Island and seeing all the Rhode Kill, I decided to put "DON'T kill an animal while driving" on my list of 20 things I want to accomplish before I turn 21.

This week, that goal was demolished.

Whilst driving along on a rainy Tuesday afternoon, a majestic gray squirrel with a really bad sense of timing darted out in front of my tire. I was actually really, really upset. Ahhhh! It was the worst. But I will find that squirrel in the next life and give him a little squirrel treat.

Other than that, this week was pretty much fantastically uneventful. We taught some lessons, ate some food, watched the Christmas devotional. You know you are a mormon when you can scout out favorites in Motab. Some of my personal favorites include Tiny Asian Man, Orange Haired Grandma, and Steve Martin Doppelganger. 

Anyways, I love you all and am so grateful to be out here! #MBMforLyf

Love,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment