Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Week of Really Good Things‏

Hello all you Westerners!

This week was full of all kinds of crazy adventures, which I will now present in bullet format:

  • Yesterday we typed the address of a less active into the good old GPS, which took us down some questionable paths. After traveling several miles on a dirt road, the GPS announced that we had "reached our destination". We looked out the window, and what did we see? An OUTHOUSE. Literally. The GPS took us to the middle of no-where, down a dirt path, next to a frozen river, to an outhouse. 
  • Sister Batschi and I have been using our traveling time to increase the size of our brains ... well, maybe not. But we HAVE been memorizing things. We memorized the poem President Monson gave in his last Conference address:
Good timber does not grow with ease
The stronger wind, the stronger trees
The further sky, the greater length
The more the storm, the more the strength.

By sun and cold, by rain and snow
In trees and men good timbers grow.

I typed that purely by memory, you guys!!! We also have memorized the first third of The Family Proclamation (so far), but I won't bore you by typing that out. But I could if I wanted to. So ... be impressed.
  • One house that we went to contained 5 beautiful Australian Shepherds. I looked into the living room and saw what I thought was another dog, and then realized IT WAS A GIANT BUNNY. So huge.
  • This we were given a $25 gift card to Applebee's, $20 in cash, and a free car wash. The work of the Lord pays good, people. (haha, just kidding - our members just have this weird of obsession of being awesome and serving us.)
  • Our mission President invited us to read The Book of Mormon as a mission over the next two transfers, underlining every reference to Christ, as well as the words He spoke. This schedules out to about 6 pages a day. But let me tell you, it's addictive. We actually started waking up half an hour early so we can have more time to read during studies. Because we're just. that. dedicated. Just kidding, it was totally Sister Batschi's idea. With out her, I would still be sleeping for sure. 
Well, that's all the bullets I have time for, but it's just a tiny smudge of all the amazingness that actually happens on a day to day basis. Have ever told you guys that I love being a missionary? Because I DO.

I hope that you all find tons of joy in your week as well!

Love,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment