Thursday, March 27, 2014

To Unpack, or not to Unpack?

Ai, ai, ai! Every week feels like a mini lifetime when I have to think about what happened each time I email. Big things happened this week! I mean BIG LIFE CHANGING THINGS! But don't get too excited, as a missionary our whole lives change very frequently.
Life changing news #1 - Sister Batschi and I are moving! This Saturday! The apartment that we, the Scituate Sisters, currently live in is on the far, far, FAR side of the ward boundary in Connecticut. It is a charming life we lead in our cottage in the woods, but unfortunately all the work we do is in Rhode Island. So ... we're moving to Rhode Island! This way we will have to drive like 2 hours less a day and we will save tons of miles. Well, that's the plan anyways.
So now we have to somehow transport 2 beds, 2 armchairs, 2 desks, 2 rolling chairs, 2 night tables, 1 dresser, and approximately 20 pairs of shoes (mostly mine) across the state with only our Chevy Cruze and girly muscles. We'll see which members of the Elder's Quorum truly care about us come Saturday Morning. Also, the new apartment is at least 3 times the size of our current apartment and we don't really know what we are going to put in there. I guess we'll go for the minimalist look.
Life changing news #2 - We went to Return & Report (a meeting for new missionaries and trainers) on Wednesday, and it was sooo great. This is the 3rd time I've been, and it's basically the same every time, but I LOVE any chance I get to hear President and Sister Packard talk. After the meeting, we were talking to Sister Packard about how transfers are quickly approaching. We find out THIS SATURDAY NIGHT who is getting transferred. I've been in Scituate since October and the direct quote from Sister Packard is "President thinks your days are numbered." GULP. So I guess we will see if I need to unpack into our new apartment, or just wait till I leave for the unknown! But of course there is a chance that I will stay another glorious 6 weeks. Either way I will be happy! So ... until I find out where I will be for the next few months, you might want to send any correspondence or packages to the Mission Office. Hint, hint ;)
In other less life changing news, this week I've had a yucky cold and have steadily been working my way through two tissue boxes. But the work of the Lord goes on! We even subbed Singing Time in Primary yesterday, and holy cow! Junior Primary has ENERGY. I led them in a rousing course of "Hinges" and then they had us doing all kinds of ridiculous jumping aerobics during "Do as I'm Doing". Add the heavy breathing to my congestion on top of my already struggling vocal abilities - not pretty. But I don't thing they were scarred too bad. I had fun at least.
After Singing Time, our Primary President taught Sharing Time about the Resurrection. In response to the question "What happened after Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days?", one of the sunbeam girls jumped out of her chair and shouted, "He BLOOMED again!" Isn't that great? I am so grateful that the Savior did indeed break the bonds of death and bloom again. One thing I've been learning lots about on my mission is the ability for us to change through the Atonement. On the days where we might be a little wilted, or maybe a lot wilted, through His grace we can bloom again. In my head this is much more symbolic and beautiful, but I don't know really how to explain it. Maybe it's because I'm just so darn excited for Spring. Either way, I love Jesus Christ and feel incredibly lucky to be representing Him right now.
Have a bloomin' good week.
xoxo,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment