Monday, May 12, 2014

A Week of Miraculous Hooplah!‏

Hello out there!
Another Transfer down! Can you believe it's already been 6 weeks since me and Sister Badham came to Foxboro? This was the fastest transfer of my mission for sure! Sister Badham and I both emerged from Transfer week unscathed, and will be together for another 6 weeks. Hooray! This transfer is going to be a big one for both of us - I reach my year mark (?!) and Sister Badham hits her hump day! It's kind of sad getting mission-old :( All of my mission buddies are starting to go home! Ahhhhhh! Luckily, everyone and their dog goes to BYU, so mission reunions should be pretty easy.
This week was a ton of hooplah. We had Zone Meeting on Friday, and we decided to have a High School theme. It was kind of hilarious. Sister Badham and I stayed up till midnight the night before to make everyone in the zone a paper graduation cap, and then at the end of the meeting we had one of the senior sisters play "Pomp and Circumstance" and handed out diplomas. Everyone said they loved it, so either it was as fun as I thought it was or nobody wanted to burst my school pride bubble.
The High School theme continued when that night we got a mini missionary! I LOVE MINI MISSIONARIES!!! A mini mission is when the youth from a nearby stake get to go see what mission life is like for a few days. We only got to have Sister Tribbet for the weekend, but boy was she adorable! She had a super powerful testimony and was awesome to bring to our lessons. By the end of Sunday we asked her what she learned, and she said "That missions are really tiring!" ... we may have packed our schedule a little full. But we wanted to give her a lot of experiences!
Saturday it was also Sister Badham's TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY! I sneakily informed some of our favorite members and when we went to their house for a lesson, they surprised her with a cake! This was quite a feat for me, because do you know how hard it is to plan a surprise for someone when you are with them 24/7 and share a phone? But alas, I managed to succeed.
So here's a fun fact about serving in Foxboro: My whole mission, I have very rarely had any new investigators from street contacting. 99% of the time people will say "I'm all set" when you invite them to learn more. But in Foxboro, EVERYONE wants to learn more! Okay, not everyone, but we set up so many return appointments this week - we even got a few new families as investigators! It's kind of a miracle. Not kind of - it IS a miracle.
Anywho's, if these miracles are the result of anyone's mighty prayers in our behalf - keep up the good work!
I love you!
xoxo,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment