Monday, May 12, 2014

CRA-ZY

HOLY OVERLOAD OF INFORMATION AND EVENTS TO REPORT ON! The past few weeks have been cra-zy! In the absolute best way possible! Due to the ridiculous amount of things that have happened, I feel it will be best to present this email is bullet format:
  • Preparation Day Extravaganzas - Oh man. The past couple P-days have been awesome! And busy. Hence the no emailing.
Two weeks ago we had our very own Hingham North Zone TRIWIZARD CUP! It started with some very sportsy games that involved a lot of athletic coordination that I simply do not possess. Plus, one of them was essentially crazy dodge-ball on steroids and I am TERRIFIED of balls being thrown at me! But, for the sake of zone unity, I persevered. Then we ended with a nice Quidditch tournament, which was equal parts hilarious and fun. Sister Badham and I were sorted into Ravenclaw, and unfortunately Gryffindor took the cup. But we somehow ended up with the actual trophy-cup in our car and so we have claimed it as our own and it now functions as our fabulous golden fruit bowl!
Last p-day we were able to attend the TEMPLE, due to Massachusetts celebrating Patriot's day. I don't think this is an actual holiday anywhere else, and I'm pretty sure it's just an excuse for all the Bostonians to not go to work so they can go watch the marathon. After our morning temple session, we hit the streets of Boston and watched the marathon with the rest of the throng, and man was that sweet! We were pretty close to the finish line while we watched, and for some reason watching made me super emotional! I don't know if it's just the amazingness of the runner's dedication, the spirit surrounding last year's marathon bombings, or if I really just hate running that much. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure it's a mix of the first two. ;)
Also while we were in the city, I RODE THE SUBWAY! That's right. Consider me a city slicker. I was pretty thrilled.
  • The New Apartment - We moved! And although we STILL haven't been able to unpack all the way yet (we seriously have been crazy busy - but hopefully today we will get it done!), we absolutely love our new place! It's super nice and is actually a 2 bedroom 2 bath, which is pretty unusual for a single companionship missionary apartment. It's kind of crazy that the only time in my life I've ever had a bathroom to myself is on my mission. I must admit, I've really been enjoying myself. We are only going to be there until a 1 bedroom place opens up in the same complex though, which means there is a high likelihood that I will be moving a missionary apartment AGAIN. I guess we are all called to our missions for a reason - apparently one of my purposes here in the MBM is that I'm really good at cleaning empty apartments.
We are 99% sure that our new address is as follows, but if not I will alert you when I discover otherwise.
10 Conners Avenue
Apartment A308
Mansfield, MA 02048
Also, for the record: I have officially been living out of a suitcase since March 22. I. AM. DYING.
  • Mission Meetings - We've been privileged to attend a few amazing meetings, the first of which was SISTER'S CONFERENCE! Which is basically when all the sisters in the whole mission get together for a day and we just talk about how awesome it is to be a sister missionary. It's so great. Every time I go to a meeting like that I am overwhelmed with how many gorgeous, talented missionaries I serve with! Everyone out here is SO AMAZING. It seems that everyone sent here is either ridiculously intelligent, a major sports star, a future General Authority, or has the musical ability of Mozart - or a combination of these things. And then there's me. The Apartment Packer. What can I say? We all have our spiritual gifts.
One of my favorite quotes I heard at Sister's conference was this: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." So profound. I don't know who said it originally. Probably C.S. Lewis. That's where most profound things of this nature come from. Sister Packard also gave a really beautiful talk on what we learn from serving missions and listed 20+ life lessons that I really want to share but unfortunately I don't have my notes on me. Maybe some other week. Moral of the story: Missions are the. best.
We also had Interviews with President Packard this week. Interviews are basically just an opportunity for us to sit down with one of the most inspired men on the planet and ask him anything you want. Plus, he usually just tells you a lot of really exaggerated compliments that make you feel really good about yourself. It's awesome.
  • Exchanges - The best part of being a Sister Training Leader is we get to go on exchanges with all the sisters in our zones. Since I've last emailed, we've been on like 5. We cover a few language speaking sisters, so for a couple days I got to experience something I imagine would be similar to serving in South America. Basically every single person you talk to wants to hear more about the gospel and everyone loves talking about Jesus. Haha, what a life! I greatly appreciated the opportunity to fulfill my dream of being a Portuguese diva for a day in the streets of Brockton. Plus, the sisters we work with are so so amazing. (see previous bullet point.)
 
So ... that's a little bit of what's been going on here in the life of Sister Gledhill. Not to mention, Foxboro is on FIRE and we are teaching some super amazing amazing people and we've found a lot of potentials the past week that we are stoked about! I think the 4 of us have been handling the transition with out Elder Tait pretty well, although we still kind of have no idea what's going on. We just basically run around in circles with our jaws on the ground because of all the awesomeness that's happening. Always room for improvement, right?
 
Okay, well I think I've sufficiently overused every positive adjective in my vocabulary. BUT I AM JUST SO DARN HAPPY. My life is so, so blessed right now.
 
Hope your week is equally fantastic! (I bet it will be better if you share the gospel with someone. Hint hint.)
xoxo,
Sister Gledhill
 
p.s. I have a million pictures I want to send home, but we forgot our camera cords. Maybe we might get a chance to send them later today, or maybe you will just have to wait till next week to get proof of all the awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment