Monday, August 18, 2014

Random

Salutations! An assortment of random stories and thoughts:

We were going to be late to a dinner appointment last week, so we called ahead to let the member family know. When we finally arrived, we found a white board with the scripture Matthew 25:10-13 referenced on it.
 
"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Haha, consider us rebuked.But don't worry! They were kidding. Mostly. And they still let us come in and eat pizza!
 

This week we worked on finding some solid community service, and we actually found some really neat opportunities! We are going to be volunteering at a nursing home a couple hours a week and the activities director asked us to be in charge of BINGO every 4th weekend of the month! Woop woop! (To those of you concerned like my ward mission leader was, no this is not a gambling activity. Most of the residents are senile and won't even know they are playing Bingo, much less be in it for the money.) We also harvested beans at the Foxboro Community Farmstand on Saturday! It was nice to be in the dirt for a change. The other volunteers are really nice and I think we might get the occasional free squash! (I've fallen in love with squash and zucchini on my mission. It's a mild obsession.)

A couple weeks ago, I was kneeling down at my bed to say my morning prayer, when I realized something was a little odd. Next to my bed I have a bunch of pictures on the wall and attached to one of these pictures was my name tag! This was really odd because, 1- it was 6:30 in the morning and most things don't make a lot of sense to me that early, and 2- I sleep with my name tag on, so some time during the middle of the night I must of gotten out of bed and attached it to the picture in my sleep. Weird.


I've also been reading through the Book of Mormon pretty quickly the past couple weeks. I want to read it 3 times before my mission ends, but it's hard to read so fast! There is so much to think about and learn! This morning I was reading the first few chapters of Mosiah, and boy. You can't help but get sucked into the story! Also, I think I may have developed a tiny crush on Zeniff. He's a catch! Hardworking, righteous, good leader, helps bury the Lamanite's dead ... read chapters 9&10.#swooning.

Anyways... hope all is well out in the West! I love you guys!
xoxo,
Sister Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment